Thursday 21 January 2021

Newsflash

Microsoft's OneDrive is sulking again. No updates from my Microsoft telephone have reached my PC since Friday of last week, although updates are flowing in the other direction.

Do these sulks correspond to periods when Microsoft is busy with people working from home? Does the fact that my telephone is now out of Microsoft support mean that people with other kinds of telephone are getting preference? Or that some update to the OneDrive system has not been copied down to my telephone - this being part of what it means to be out of support?

Logging into the online copy of my OneDrive does not seem to help either, as the missing pictures have not made it there either. This despite my telephone regularly showing signs of synchronisation activity - that is to say a little spinning circle when you are in the 'Photos' part of its world, when you are in range of a hub, such as the BT hub sitting downstairs.

I last moaned about sulking in early December, at reference 1. But I last plugged my telephone into my laptop - this bypassing the missing OneDrive synchronisation on New Year's Day. So a three week respite from failure.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/12/through-glass-ceiling.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment