Tuesday 5 January 2021

Gift from Google

Two offerings from Google this morning in my email box. One from Cotton Traders which is fair enough, as I believe BH gets catalogues from them and may well make the occasional purchase. But where has CMLink come from?

Part of a rather clumsy bid to grab part of the UK mobile market from the likes of O2? A response to the west getting grumpy about the growing Chinese presence in our critical national infrastructures?

Clumsy partly because I make little use of my mobile as a telephone and rather more use of it as a camera, partly because Anglophones are unlikely to be very receptive advertisements in Chinese. Although I suppose the name in now lodged, for the moment, in the brain of this Anglophone and if YouGov ever get asked to include them in one of their brand awareness surveys, I will be able to tick a box for once in a while.

Reference 1: CMLink | China Mobile International.

No comments:

Post a Comment