Wednesday 25 September 2019

Trolley 300

The 300th trolley was captured in the margins of the ongoing repaving of the market square, now well into its 44 weeks, reported in February at reference 1.

Returned to Waitrose and I thought that the first part of the celebration might be a fried egg sandwich on white for lunch. And maybe the M&S bakery was better for that sort of thing than the one at Waitrose, where the small loaves are apt to be described as French country style and come in a bit heavy. So for £2, I bought a well presented small white bloomer. Hard crust, but the crumb of the cut bread looked good. It tasted good with fried egg (I have got used to using oil rather than lard for the purpose), until about half way through when I detected the slightly sickly taste of an infestation by sour dough, a disease which seems to have afflicted a large proportion of our commercial bakers. So it remains a pity than I don't seem to be able to make decent white bread myself.

Just about nine months to the day since I reported reaching trolley 200 at reference 2. So I am contemplating running a book on how long it will take to lap the year, with quick calculation suggesting a little over two years, if I can maintain momentum.

Perhaps I can persuade a child to help check the record, but the vast majority of these trolleys must have come from Waitrose or M&S in the Ashley Centre here in Epsom or from Sainsbury's at Kiln Lane. A few from Wilko in the High Street and then we are down to exotics, like the ancient Boots trolley captured in Tooting High Street. See reference 3.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/02/trivia.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2018/12/trolley-200.html.

Reference 3: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2017/08/trolley-84.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment