Tuesday 17 September 2019

Trolley 290

These two economy sized trolleys were captured in the Ashmore Insurance passage, being pushed a bit further in for the convenience of photography.

I had to invest £2 to get them, but I am pleased to be able to report that I got it back.

On the downside, one of the trolleys needed a good brushing, the one on the left in the snap, suggesting it had been out of the shop for a while. But I had no brush on me, I did not think to push the thing  home to give it a brush there and I was unable to find anyone in M&S who looked as if they might take an interest in it. I remember that when the same thing happened with a Waitrose trolley a year or so ago, I was able to leave it by their back door, but I don't think M&S, positioned between the High Street and the rest of the Ashley Centre has any such thing. No idea how their deliveries get in - other than through the not very big goods-ish entrance to the left of the main entrance for shoppers, as you look at it from the market square. Perhaps I should have left the trolleys there, rather than in the stack.

Did some irate shopper make a great fuss when they found that the trolley they had invested £1 in was not particularly clean? This despite the fact that very little merchandise from the food hall comes loose and would in any way be vulnerable to contamination.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2017/09/trolley-89.html. Notice of the Waitrose back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment