Tuesday 24 September 2019

Survey

A few days ago we got a request to participate in a survey run for my old school, the London School of Economics, by some people called Kantor. And, unlike YouGov (whose surveys are often mainly about brand awareness, and so neither interesting nor worthy), they offered the inducement of a £10 gift voucher.

This morning I got around to doing it. All very tedious, asking one simple question at a time and not responding very quickly to one's replies.

I did not get beyond the opening stuff about house and family before it crashed on me, having previously paused. Letter now consigned to the shredder.

And thinking about brand awareness, although I rather liked the home page of their website, I would think that they are a weaker brand than YouGov, not least because I have never heard of them before. See references 1 (Kantar) and 2 (YouGov). Maybe I will get around to taking a closer look.

PS 1: as it happens I also did a YouGov survey earlier this morning - and, now maybe four hours later, I don't have a clue what it was about. Perhaps it will come back to me as the afternoon progresses.

PS 2: not very happy with my first attempt at using the editing features of the not very old Microsoft Snip & Sketch tool - with the idea being to anonymise the snap above. Clearly something else I need more practise with, so in the meantime I revert to the time-honoured practise of placing pieces of paper over the offending bits.

Reference 1: https://www.kantar.com/.

Reference 2: https://yougov.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment