Thursday 8 April 2021

No.33


Into Epsom town this morning to collect a prescription from Lloyd's Pharmacy, when, at the bottom of West Hill, I spotted a dark grey or dark brown Discovery sporting a No.33 plate, V33 something to be precise. I chased it down Station Approach, hoping that it would pull in at the station for long enough for me to snap it, but no, it was just using the approach as a cut through, probably to Waterloo Road.

At £35,000 a far cry from the real Land Rover that I used to drive when I was little and which Auntie Vera still drives.

Disappointed, onto the pharmacy where I found lots of blue delivery boxes, lots of pharmacists and my prescription. But it had not been checked and they were busy, so back this afternoon. I am getting the distinct impression that Lloyd's would much prefer me, perhaps as an older and tiresome person, to switch over to free delivery. They clearly don't understand that I very much value these occasional forays into real shops to meet someone other than the computer or the television. And I have showed willing in that I have already canned the matching visit to the surgery to deliver the prescription request.

PS: market alive and well at 11:15, some regular stalls as well as the street food. And most people have taken to wearing masks when in town, which is an improvement on last year, when few did.

No comments:

Post a Comment