Monday 12 October 2020

Baking

A baking weekend. That is to say cheese scones yesterday afternoon to eke out the bread supplies and batch 581 of bread this morning.

Short on self-raising flour, so topped up with plain and Dr. Oetker's baking powder. First time that I can recall using the stuff. Long on real cheese, that is to say Lincolnshire Poacher from Neal's Yard Dairy, so used that instead of the cooking cheese I usually use. Turned out very well, although I am not sure I would have known. Perhaps if one had one of each, side by side.

What was left of the 13 scones this morning snapped above. Somehow, it always seems to be the smallest and oddest ones that get left until the end.

And while I say usually, the records suggest that it is just about a year since I last made cheese scones. Perhaps the record is short. And it is certainly true that the relevant page of the Whitworth's recipe book is well thumbed and annotated.

5lbs 10.5 oz of bread dough into the airing cupboard at 0735.

No comments:

Post a Comment