Tuesday 11 February 2020

Fallen tree

I was able to inspect the fallen chunk of tree which I saw falling the other day and noticed at reference 1. It looked as if a bough had fallen off some time before, leaving a wound which never healed properly, with the result that this chunk was largely dead. Trunk not looking good at the break.

Maybe what is left will be condemned.

Further along my way, I noticed a pick-up on the Ford front yard in Blenheim Road, in a fashionable shade of dark yellow, sporting the label '19 plate Ranger Wildtrak'. I puzzled about the label all the way home. Was it some new hot feature of this all-weather all-terrain builders' pick-up? Having got home, with Bing's help, it finally dawned on me that the reference was to the year of registration. Does this mean that the new looking vehicle is actually pre-owned or is registration linked to date of manufacture rather than date of purchase? I restrained the urge to find out.

And so onto the Guardian, where the locusts noticed at reference 2 have finally arrived. Displaced, I suppose, by the plague slightly nearer home. Which I now know is caused by a close relative of the viruses responsible for commons colds. See reference 3.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/02/trolley-387.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/02/plagues.html.

Reference 3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus. Where one of the pictures looks very like one which appeared in large in the Guardian. Entertaining rather than informative, at least as far as us lay people are concerned. But then, the Guardian is quite good at digging up striking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment