Monday 17 February 2020

A solution to the problem

I have always thought that the green island of which our back garden is a small part was too small to support a population of foxes. On the other hand, I have checked the fronts of all the houses involved and they all seem to be secure, with fox proof gates, walls or fences to the back. So how do the foxes come and go, which they certainly do?

Then this morning, quite by chance, I discovered a pair of fox holes, of which one is snapped left. A side entrance, almost certainly dug by a fox and certainly big enough for a fox. It only takes one, but I dare say there are others.

I imagine that foxes are brainy enough to remember where they are and that they don't need to search the whole perimeter to find them, inside or out.

No comments:

Post a Comment