Sunday 23 February 2020

A troll?

A clutch of comments on my blogs has suddenly appeared in one of my email boxes, in foreign, so I have no idea what they say, if anything. From a shiny new blogger with an empty profile.

Perhaps what they call a troll on the news. A new experience for me - and let's hope it does not become tiresome.

PS 1: note that Google clearly knows how old I am, perhaps how healthy, and thinks I am a proper target for advertisements for funerals. Is whoever is paying for them getting their monies' worth? Does Google aggressively target people who might pay for such, real toe in the front door stuff? Or do the marks just come to them?

PS 2: I need to check up on whether a word like 'Google' counts as plural or singular for the purposes of declining verbs, pronouns and such like. Does the mixture above count as error? Does anyone younger than I care about such stuff these days?

Reference 1: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/72057/11-swindling-slang-terms-grifters. For entertainment about marks and others. I thought it best to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment