Monday 21 January 2019

Trolley 216

Trolley 216 captured on my way back to Costcutter, in the passage between the High Street and Station Approach. Damaged trolley behind previously noticed but yet to be gathered up by the professionals - although given that Waitrose has a back yard, unlike M&S, I suppose I could put it there. See reference 1.

Once again, no pound coin appeared, but I was rewarded by a couple of tweets in the hedges near the vets in what used to be the parky's house at the corner of Court recreation ground. Tweet one being a couple of redwings and tweet two being a small finch, with green and yellow bits, but not a greenfinch. Back home, ruled a lady chaffinch, a bird which has often confused me in the past.

Past TB, which appeared to be open, despite the blue and white tape and police cars of most of yesterday morning. Unfortunately, I did not think the chap who sold me my Guardian was the sort of person who would take an interest in such matters, so I have yet to take an interest on my own account.

PS: the RSPB which I believe to be, without bothering to check, one of the very rich charities in the land, has got around to updating the bird identification part of its website, but it is still pretty useless. They seem to be much better at erecting signs around the countryside telling one that this or that is forbidden.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-professionals.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment