Monday 31 May 2021

Missed my chance

I learned the other day that a slide running around a bit of a famous Los Angeles skyscraper, now known as the Bank Tower, will not be reopening, with the new owners (the people at reference 2) being more interested in collecting rent than operating a tourist attraction. They bought the place on the cheap last year, when plenty of people were getting nervous about the long term value of office space in giant tower blocks, cheap enough that they feel able to spend $60m on refurbishment of this thirty year old building. Refurbishment which will include removal of the five year old sky slide.

So I have missed my chance of having the experience of my life. Not that it was ever a very good chance, with it being reasonably unlikely that I will ever visit Los Angeles again and very unlikely that I would have a go on such a thing - at least without a good push and a large dose of Valium or some such.

One hopes the stripes on the right thigh bottom right are a trick of the light rather than something horrid happening - like being old or being on a starvation diet. 

Reference 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Bank_Tower_(Los_Angeles).

Reference 2: https://www.silversteinproperties.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment