Monday 17 May 2021

Kerbside Virginia

It has been a while since I passed anything worth picking up on my runs around Jubilee Way. No washers for months. Don't know where they have got to. A substantial screwdriver a few weeks ago, but I didn't compute until I was well past it on a busy road, and it wasn't there the next day.

But today a stash of bricks between the railings and the road at the junction of Ruxley Lane and Kingston Road, aka the A240. Five pieces including two near entire bricks and one damaged brick. I settled for the two entire, a worthy addition to our pile, somewhat diminished by sixteen having been removed for walking purposes.

Bit of a puzzle how they might have got there. I can only think they fell off a badly loaded lorry, the sort of small open lorry used by gardeners, builders and travellers.

PS: the heritage pedals have done well. Much more suitable for my needs than the sort of thing used by the Lycra folk.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2020/05/pedals.html. Pedal purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment