Tuesday 24 December 2019

Trolley 353

The trolleys in the Ashmore passage included, for a change, five trolleys from Waitrose. I didn't fancy pushing five with all the shoppers about, so I invested a pound coin to separate the top three from the bottom two.

Got them to Waitrose OK, but then failed to get them into the stack. I was poking around inside, trying to find out what the blockage was, when the Waitrose trolley jockey gently suggested that perhaps sir would like to try the other stack, the one with the regular rather than the large trolleys. Blockage cleared and pound coin recovered.

A mistake I make reasonably often. Perhaps the varying sizes across the various shops with trolleys make it easy to confuse large regular trolleys with small economy trolleys.

I thought two batches was enough. The rest left for another day or another collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment