Monday 2 December 2019

Battery life

Following up the postscript to reference 1, the battery on my Microsoft telephone is definitely showing signs of stress. Slow to charge and generating noticeable heat on the way. Fast to discharge. And with Microsoft, having withdrawn from the telephone business some years ago, now threatening to withdraw service.

First stop, O2, from whom I bought the telephone. Where there were two young girls who did not seem to have a clue beyond agreeing that it sounded as if the battery was on its way out but no, they did not sell batteries any more.

Second stop, Carphone Warehouse next door, from whom I used to buy my telephones. The young man there was rather more informative. It seems that you cannot take the back off the telephones of today and if the battery goes, you either have to get a new telephone or send the thing back to the manufacturer. Presumably batteries have acquired more years of life since I bought my telephone. With the result that it is not worth the mainstream telephone shops selling batteries anymore. Perhaps sir would like to visit one of the telephone repair kiosks on the High Street? This being the Ashley Centre.

Which kiosks turned out to be shut on a Sunday. All very tiresome.

Next thought was that perhaps I can get the repair shop to swap the battery in my current telephone with that from one of the other telephones we have in odd drawers?

Thought after that was that I should pay a visit to the fine new Microsoft shop which has recently opened in Oxford Circus, diagonally across the circus from Niketown. Have a moan at them.

All of which remains very tiresome.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/11/little-green-men.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment