Friday 21 June 2019

Pink

Have puffed our Peace rose at reference 1, it seems proper to give air time to our next door neighbour's pink rose, a fine climber, some of which hangs over the fence outside our back door.

A rose with lots of delicate pink flowers, nicely scented. But a rose which my telephone does scant justice to, pulling it far too far out of its home, back in the green. Too much contrast altogether; perhaps an artefact of this midsummer's eve light. Or perhaps the telephone's tendency to have its own view about what it is that is supposed to be focusing on.

Just as it tends to have its own - often quite incorrect - view about how to spell what I am trying to tell it. On which point, I am told that I must find out how to turn off predictive text.

PS: I notice this morning that both these flower pictures look much worse on my big screen downstairs than they do on the laptop upstairs. So the appearance of pictures starting out on my telephone, going through the Blogger image store and coming out through the Internet is presumably very sensitive to the size, the resolution, the graphics drivers and all that other technical stuff of any particular screen. Perhaps a real photographer with a real camera would know how to make allowances for this sort of thing.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/06/peace.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment