Thursday 27 June 2019

New news

Back at reference 1 I noticed a new to me news magazine called Ozy. These sorts of online magazine must be getting fairly common as today I came across another one at reference 2, called the conversation. An originally Australian, not-for-profit operation run under the auspices of a worthy charter.

I arrived there on the back of a rather light weight article about whether, if given another go at it, humans would have evolved on the earth. Was it a fluke or was it just waiting to happen? An interesting question, but not one about which I now know very much more.

That aside, there looks to be plenty of content, vaguely along the lines of the old weekly magazines for people who took themselves seriously, of which the Economist is the healthiest survivor and with the New Statesman being the one I remember from my youth. With quite a lot of popular science: perhaps like the Guardian, they have found that popular science is both popular and cheap. Much cheaper than news you have to go out and get for yourself.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/06/old-news-from-microsoft.html.

Reference 2: https://theconversation.com/uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment