Sunday 3 February 2019

Trolleys 222a and 222b

Rather poor evidence of two Waitrose trolleys, captured this morning outside Cabello hair and beauty, left in the snap. In my defence I can only say that there was a very bright sun this morning, which means that, even in the shade, one cannot see much on the screen of one's telephone.

Nor have I got any better with the Waitrose coin technology, with neither coin nor token coughed up when I chained this pair to the top of their stack.

The market called a farmers' market was quite busy in the market square. And to be fair, at least one van actually came from a farm, Bessborough Farm, selling apples. An outfit which gets onto Facebook and various websites for farmers' markets, but does not run to its own website. And I did not run to their apples, not being sure that English apples from a small producer are going to be up to much at this time of year. Doubting that they can afford the sort of fancy storage that the apples from Sainsbury's must come out of - and some of which are surprisingly good, even at this time of year.

Perhaps I should have smelt a few and asked for a sample, but most greengrocers in this country don't much care for that sort of thing, not unless you are buying big, which I most certainly was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment