Thursday 7 February 2019

Edge

Having observed that yesterday's Guardian was reasonably news lite and that it was quite a lot thinner - in the sense of number of pages - than yesterday's Evening Standard, which was free at the point of collection, I deduced that there was something wrong. And given that I should be very sorry if the Guardian - our last proper newspaper apart from the pink'un - were to go under, I thought a small donation was in order.

To be told that Edge from Microsoft was not a supported browser and that perhaps I would like to tray again using Chrome from Google.

Which seems a little odd. I have no idea how much either of these products is used, but I was not impressed that Guardian appeared to be backing Google in this way, far more prominent in the world of supply and distribution of information than Microsoft.

PS: for what it is worth, I use both Edge and Chrome. The former more than the latter. The same is true of searching with Bing and Google, although I tend to switch to Google if the search is getting tricky. Perhaps Google knows more about me and is better able to align search results to my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment