Wednesday 11 August 2021

Fair Green

There were some caravans on Fair Green when I went past at the start of my Ewell Village Anti-clockwise. The one seen here and quite a few more beyond. The first time they have appeared for a while.

According to reference 1, the Council now have powers to move them on much more quickly than used to be possible - but I don't suppose it will be before they have churned up lots of grass and piled up their usual piles of unpleasant - not to say insanitary - rubbish. I heard later that there has also been a lot of noise at night.

We shall see how long they last.

On a lighter note, when I reached the print shop in the High Street (reference 2), the small job I had emailed them a few hours earlier was ready and waiting for me on the counter.

And when I reached Ewell Village, I found that the fancy clothes and hat shop which has been a few doors along from the tanning parlour for a few years now has gone and is to be replaced by a fancy food shop. Maybe they will sell kabanosi, but I am not holding my breath.

PS 1: while we are waiting for the council to move into action, let us hope that not too many residents are encouraging the travellers with cash-in-hand casual work, invisible to the tax man. Not feeding the foxes does help keep their numbers down.

PS 2: Tuesday, August 17th: when I cycled past this afternoon, no caravans and no mess that I could see, although I dare say closer inspection would have turned up some rubbish and some tyre tracks. So not as bad as I had feared.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2018/12/notice.html.

Reference 2: https://aiprinters.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment