Saturday 7 August 2021

Trolley 425

I started raining - very hard for ten or fifteen minutes - more or less just as I left the house this morning on a Ewell Village anti-clockwise, but it had eased off by the time I got to this trolley, No.425, on West Hill, just before I got to the High Street. I assume some leaving-the-pub prank of the evening before, a prank which may have pushed over the slim black box, just the other side of the large black box from my telephone. I thought that it had probably been out all night and was probably free of any plague it may have caught from either prankster or shopper, and so safe for return to the M&S food hall.

Both Ashley Centre and town were quite quiet, people having been put off by the rain.

I reached the bottom of Longmead Road about an hour later, to find an impressive puddle, I think just collected in the depression there, rather than from the stream to the left, well down from the grass at this point, although rather nearer further up the road.

One small washer picked up at some point.

It took me near two hours to get around, rather than the hour and a half which was usual before the plague, before I largely switched to the bicycle. Maybe the walking muscles are not what they were. I also wondered whether heavy summer rain correlates with air quality, a notion which BH agreed with, having had a good friend who suffered from asthma, but Bing did not. Amongst other things, offering the suggestion that carbon dioxide was more water soluble than oxygen, resulting in a greater concentration of oxygen in wet air. 

Raining quite hard again now, it being near 16:00. Off and on all day, although I can't see from the upstairs study window whether the three micro ponds have become one, there being rather more vision-blocking vegetation in August than in March when the snap at reference 2 was taken.

PS: inspection later in the afternoon revealed that the three had indeed become one.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/07/trolley-424.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/03/pondemonium-revisited.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment