Wednesday 9 December 2020

Brain power

This arrived in my email-box this morning. Once again, I wonder what Google knows that I don't? Can he detect deterioration from my search activity? Or perhaps of my search activity? Tendencies towards particular kinds of more or less dubious or unusual searches?

I would have thought it quite likely that one could detect deterioration from key strokes, for example from the increasing frequency of particular kinds of spelling mistakes. In my own case, the right letters coming out in the wrong order, suggesting that the bit of the brain which assembles and fires off all the necessary commands to the muscles of my fingers, a business requiring a nice sense of timing, needs a bit of urgent preventative maintenance. Maybe I should be laying off the oranges in the morning.

Will Google soon be moving into the world of chargeable diagnoses based on what you get up to on your computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment