Wednesday 29 May 2019

More click n'collect

A day for two click and collects, socks from M&S and calvados from Waitrose.

Ask at one of the M&S checkouts for the collection point, and the ladies there knew all about lost looking gentlemen and gave me very clear directions. And so to the collection point, summoned a young lady with a bell, the sort of thing you get in hotels, presented my email and got my socks. No nonsense with bank cards, photo id or anything else of that sort.

Onto Waitrose, where I now know about keying my order number into the contraption on the service desk. Then, while waiting for my calvados, I took a look at some of the fruit available in the vicinity, lighting upon these cherries, more than twice the price of the not very satisfactory ones from the market, noticed at reference 1. For some reason, I was put off and did not buy. Perhaps they have pitched the price wrong for someone who usually buys a kilogram of cherries at a time. Maybe I would have been happier with £5.50 for a pound?

The calvados turned up, in a rather more sensible sized box than last time, mine on presentation of passport. This despite the fact that the photograph in the passport is a good deal worse than the one in my senior person's bus pass, which they don't accept. Sensible enough that it fitted into the small rucksack I had brought for the purpose. Which was just as well as I discovered a very old piece of cheese from Fortnum & Masons in it, looking very brown: it must have been there for months, having been put there as an alternative to the refrigerator indoors. Luckily in a sturdy plastic bag, so disposal to the compost bin not a problem.

PS: rucksack in place of the contraption noticed at references 2 and 3, the rope of which proved too short to properly accommodate the large box from Waitrose.

Reference 1: http://psmv4.blogspot.com/2019/05/first-cherries.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv2.blogspot.com/2015/10/removal-day.html.

Reference 3: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2018/12/wine-hunt.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment