Monday 1 February 2021

No.26 (provisional)

Following the frustrations about registration plate No.26 recorded at reference 1 and elsewhere, I think we can now make a provisional claim, pending the rules committee getting around to replying to my minute, my submission, on the matter.

Watching Wycliff (series 4, episode 3, 'On Account') this evening on the grown-ups' channel, that is to say ITV3, where you get all kinds of helpful advertisements of interest to the older viewer, I thought I glimpsed a No.26, a few minutes before the end of the episode. The camera did not see fit to go back to the car in question, so obviously an opportunity to try my hand at ITV Player.

First stop the Freeview timetable, which unlike some timetables I can think of, does not wipe events as soon as they are in the past, so I was able to recover series and episode numbers.

Onto ITV Player, which I did seem to have an account with, despite it having been renamed ITV Hub. Lots of stuff there, including what I wanted. And there was a fast forward feature. After spending perhaps 5 minutes watching advertisements with the sound turned off, it turned out that I had indeed seen No.26, snapped above. Not really worth stumping up the £10 a month or whatever they wanted to get the advertisements turned off.

A reminder that the unconscious brain was clearly on the case, even if I was not. I had not thought about number plates since our walk around Stamford Green earlier in the day - but the brain had carried on processing likely stimuli, even though the bit of my mind that I am in touch with was busy with poisoned baby food.

PS: as it happens, an episode that we knew we had seen at least once before. But only because BH and I both knew that we had seen certain shots before and we both knew, at various places, what was going to happen next, or what the significance of some clue was. No overlap though, with BH and I remembering different things. And no overview; no idea at all about the episode as a whole.

Reference 1: https://psmv4.blogspot.com/2021/01/frustration.html

No comments:

Post a Comment